POZEN is a dynamic company committed to building a portfolio of product candidates with significant commercial potential. At POZEN, we realize our success is based on the quality of our team. Our team’s success is a direct result of the quality and the experience of the individuals we employ. To apply for the positions shown below or to submit a resume, please contact us at email@example.com. Pozen is an equal opportunity employer.
- Brand Champion
- Senior Director, Finance
- Corporate Controller
- Director, Tax
- Head of IT
- Medical Science Liaison
- POZEN is looking for a dynamic marketing leader with proven commercial success to lead, design and deliver the promotional/marketing strategy for the successful launch of YOSPRALA. Responsible for the day-to-day management of the campaign, budget and vendors to ensure the marketing mix is optimized to deliver sales success for the Brand. To be successful, this individual will have the experience and skills required to engage and inspire the sales and cross-functional teams to effectively deliver the campaign. 10+ years in the pharmaceutical industry, including previous sales and product launch experience, desired.
Senior Director, Finance
- POZEN has an open position to lead the Financial Planning and Analysis function. This role is responsible for the overall Plan/Estimate process; ensuring long-term forecasts are aligned to corporate strategy; and management of the internal reporting structure. In addition, the position will lend financial support for transactions (including, but not limited to, acquisitions, product diverstitures and financing). 15+ years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry with a B.S. in Finance or Accounting; CPA or MBA preferred.
- POZEN is seeking a Corporate Controller to join the Finance team and be responsible for all global accounting matters, including the global closing and consolidation, SEC financial reporting, technical accounting and accounting policy and tax for the organization. In addition to the ongoing development of reporting and control policies and processes, review of key transactions and contracts, and development of accounting and finance staff. The individual must have a broad understanding of technical accounting matters under U.S. GAAP, broad understanding of all layers and aspects of tax, along with the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization on a global basis.
To be successful, the Corporate Controller must be a self-starter in a very dynamic environment with the ability to look for opportunities to continuously improve current processes. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and C.P.A. (MBA a plus) with a minimum of 15+ years’ experience in public accounting and/or private industry required; including Big 4 and multi-national experience. Strong financial systems skills and knowledge of reporting tools. Pharmaceutical or biotech experience preferred.
- We have a new opportunity at POZEN for a Treasurer who will be responsible for overseeing the management of cash and setting the appropriate investment strategy, debt management, enterprise risk management, insurance, delegation of authority and leading the process with respect to raising capital to support the Company’s long term strategy. Candidates must have a broad understanding of managing cash, investments and corporate risk. To be successful, the ideal candidate must be self-starter in a very dynamic environment.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (MBA, CTP, Risk Management certification preferred); minimum of 15+ years’ experience in public accounting and/or private industry is required. Strong communication skills with the ability to work with cross-functional management (manufacturing, sales, R&D, etc.) and senior finance management. Pharmaceutical or biotech experience preferred.
- POZEN has a newly created opening within the Finance function for a Director, Tax who will be responsible for overseeing the Company’s tax operations including tax planning and accounting for income taxes. This position will also be responsible for the maintenance of applicable internal control systems and processes to achieve Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Other key responsibilities include: manage and record the Company’s quarterly and annual income tax provision in compliance with ASC 740, FIN 48, SOX and tax footnotes; tax disclosures and managing the relationship and audit of the income tax provision by external auditors; conduct Federal and State research and planning activities including such areas as assessing the impact of new legislation, business restructuring or reorganizations, accounting methods or pronouncements. Consideration of state sales tax applicability to pharmaceutical samples.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications for consideration: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MBA preferred. CPA required. A minimum of 10-15 years relevant tax experience. Experience within the Pharmaceuticals/Life Sciences Industry required. Knowledge of IFRS/International Accounting experience preferred. Ideal candidate must be an individual contributor and must be willing to have a “hands on” approach to their day to day activities. Experience in strategic planning, execution and managing external relationships needed.
Head of IT
- POZEN is looking for a seasoned IT professional to lead this function and be responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and strategic direction of the Information Technology function. This role influences the business direction in the design and execution of system solutions to support existing and new clients, products and operational complexities. Major priority include implementation of new ERP system as well as partnering with Commercial to develop and support key programs for field sales forces.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree plus advanced study in information technology and management with 10 years IT experience of increasing responsibility including prior project management, application development and infrastructure design. Five (5) years of pharmaceutical experience, inclusive of close collaboration with quality and regulatory to ensure compliance with FDA and other legal requirements preferred. Expert level knowledge of and proficiency with relevant hardware, software and database applications for the healthcare industry. Experience must include the selection, integration and implementation of related healthcare and general technology solutions.
Medical Science Liaison
- We are looking to hire up to three (3) Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) to be responsible for scientific exchange and developing relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLS), investigators, institutions, groups, consortia, and other venues. The MSLs will participate in medical education for healthcare professionals on POZEN products, disease states of interest, and clinical research support. In addition to facilitating the identification of medical community training and educational needs for product introduction.
Candidates for consideration will possess an advanced degree (M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D.) with prior experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare education environment required. A minimum of 5 years cardiovascular experience is required. Clinical trial development experience is preferred. Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as this is a customer-facing position and the candidate’s availability for frequent travel is of paramount importance for professional and programmatic success.
POZEN is an equal opportunity employer that rewards performance by providing an excellent compensation and benefits package, as well as equity participation and stimulating career opportunities. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history in confidence to:
1414 Raleigh Road, Suite 400
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
No phone calls please